Though the school year has just come to an end, the summer is just beginning, which means that ISTELive 2022 is just around the corner. From June 26-29, educators, administrators, edtech leaders & innovators, and edtech companies will gather both online and in New Orleans, Louisiana for the hybrid conference & expo event.
For more than four decades, the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) has built a strong edtech community focused on connection, innovation, and working to advocate for technology in the classroom. The annual conference and expo attracts over 16,000 educators and other industry professionals each year, which has positioned ISTE as one of the world’s most influential education events.
Between the vibrant city of New Orleans and the countless opportunities to learn and connect at the conference & expo ––plus dozens of ways to engage virtually -- here are 10 things you won’t want to miss at ISTELive 2022:
1. Get inspired by the pre-conference event, Go Forth and Be Bold: Educating for the Future, led by award-winning educator, bestselling author, and TEDx speaker Weston Kieschnick.
2. Explore the expo hall with immersive product demos from hundreds of edtech companies and organizations––and come see FEV Tutor at booth #1757!
3. Attend the jam-packed Mainstage opening session led by ISTE CEO Richard Culatta, filmmaker and illusionist Zach King, local visual artist Brandan “BMIKE” Odums, award-winning Superintendent Dr. Avis Williams, and teacher and instructional coach Jennifer Yoo-Brannon.
4. Visit the historic New Orleans jazz Preservation Hall, with shows from the Preservation Legacy Band, the Preservation Brass, and the Preservation All-Stars happening four times nightly during the conference.
5. Learn from other educators and industry professionals through hundreds of concurrent, live, and virtual sessions offered in a wide variety of formats to accommodate all types of learners.
6. Connect with district leaders and a growing community of thought leaders and practitioners from around the country who are focused on engaging learners and supporting teaching and learning through technology at the ISTE Leadership Exchange.
7. Listen to valuable keynote presentations from over 25 thought-provoking and enthralling featured speakers from the world of education and beyond.
8. Eat a mouthwatering po’ boy and other New Orleans favorites at a local favorite spot, Mother’s Restaurant.
9. Visit FEV Tutor in the expo hall at booth #1757 to discuss the online tutoring services we offer and enter our Expo Hall Raffle for a chance to win a brand new iPad and FEV Tutor-branded case!
10. Discover a variety of perspectives on edtech topics and trends by attending one of over 20 ISTELive 2022 panel sessions led by a moderator with 2-3 panelists.
The ISTELive 2022 Conference, expo, and virtual events will offer valuable opportunities for all who attend, through innovative sessions, inspiring presentations, and networking and sharing best practices with over 16,000 other educators and industry professionals. Plus, the backdrop of the historic and vibrant city of New Orleans will offer many opportunities to enjoy your trip outside of the conference.
This year we look forward to learning more about what’s trending in edtech, including online tutoring and supporting students as they recover from pandemic learning loss. We hope you will visit us at the FEV Tutor booth #1757 to connect with us, enter our expo hall raffle, and learn more about the online tutoring services we have to offer!